Application Procedure for the Graduate Certificate
All application materials for Fall 2020 start should be postmarked by February 1, 2020.
Materials to send to Office of Graduate Admissions:
If you are a Certificate applicant with no affiliation to a traditional department, you must complete a non-degree student application form as well as the application package described below. You may apply online here.
If you are a current UI graduate student in another department, you are already admitted into the Graduate College and need only complete the application package below.
Materials to send to the UICB
- Completed UICB Application.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- A one page Statement of Purpose.
- Either one or both of the following:
- A substantive academic or creative writing sample.
- A digital portfolio consisting of 10-15 work samples and images of your artwork that best represents your interests, accomplishments and abilities
- Format as a single 10-15 page PDF document containing 10-15 work samples
- Individual pages may include a single piece or multiple views of an item: for example, several page spreads
- Image files should be no larger than 1500 pixels in either direction
- An image list for your digital portfolio including: title, date completed, dimensions, materials, edition size (if applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation - emailed by the recommender to email@example.com
All materials may be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your files are large, please consider using a file sharing service.
Certificate Admissions Committee
UI Center for the Book
216 North Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242