Application Procedure for the Joint MA in SLIS and the UICB Graduate Certificate
Deadline for Application for Fall 2017 start is February 1, 2017.
Applicants to the Joint MA in SLIS and UICB Graduate Certificate are expected to apply jointly to both the MA program in SLIS and to the Certificate Program at the Center for the Book. For more information about applying to the SLIS program go here. Students currently enrolled in the SLIS program may apply to the joint program by submitting the materials listed below.
Applicants should submit the following to the UI Center for the Book Certificate Admissions Committee.
- UICB Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- A one page Statement of Purpose.
- Either one or both of the following:
- A substantive academic or creative writing sample.
- A digital portfolio consisting of 10-15 work samples and images of your artwork that best represents your interests, accomplishments and abilities
- Format as a single 15-20 page PDF document containing 15-20 work samples
- Individual pages may include a single piece or multiple views of an item: for example, several page spreads
- Image files should be no larger than 1500 pixels in either direction
- An image list for your digital portfolio including: title, date completed, dimensions, materials, edition size (if applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation.
Certificate Admissions Committee
UI Center for the Book
216 North Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242